THE Hon. Prime Minister and his Cabinet Ministers were sworn in at the Legislative Assembly today.
Hon. Dr. Pohiva Tu’i’onetoa and Cabinet Ministers took their oath and pledged their allegiance to the King and people of Tonga.
They also pledged to protect and uphold the Constitution and to serve their utmost best for the King and the country.
The swearing in ceremony today follows the election of the new Prime Minister after the death of the late Prime Minister Hon. ‘Akilisi Pohiva in September.
New Cabinet Ministers are as follows.
1. Prime Minister & Minister for Public Enterprises – Hon. Dr. Pohiva Tu'i'onetoa
2. Deputy Prime Minister & Ministry of Justice and Prison – Hon. Vuna Fa'otusia
3. Minister of Lands, Survey and Natural Disaster & Ministry of Defence & His Majesty’s Armed Forces - Lord Ma'afu
4. Minister of Finance and National Planning & Customs and Inland Revenue – Hon. Tevita Lavemaau
5. Minister of Education and Training - Siaosi Sovaleni
6. Minister of Health - Dr. 'Amelia Afuha'amango Tu'ipulotu
7. Minister of Ministry of Infrastructure & Tourism - 'Akosita Lavulavu
8. Minister of Police and Fire Services – Lord Nuku
9. Ministry of Labour and Trade – Hon. Samiu Vaipulu
10. Minister of Internal Affairs – Hon. Vatau Hui
11. Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries – Lord Tu'ilakepa
12. MEIDECC Minister – Hon. Poasi Teiincludes the Hon. Prime Minister Dr. Pohiva Tu’ionetoa and
Meanwhile, Parliament is adjourned until further notice. Meanwhile a by-election for a new MP for Tongatapu constituency will be held in November 28.